Girlguiding Ulster is committed to protecting your privacy. This policy details the information we collect from you when you access the Girlguiding Ulster website and the steps we take to ensure that this information remains confidential.
We collect some basic information about you in order to improve your browsing experience and to process any order made by you in our online shop. We will not release any personal information to a third party under any circumstances unless expressly authorised to do so by you, or if we are obliged to do so by law.
All information will be dealt with in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and we will always aim to meet current internet best practices.
What information do we collect?
Using Google Analytics we collect information about your usage of our site in order to improve your browsing experience. This information is about your computer, is not personal to you and is collected regardless of whether you have registered with us. The information we collect includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Your IP address
- Information on your computer such as your operating system and browser software
- your geographic location
- the amount of time you spend accessing the Girlguiding Ulster website including the amount of time you spend on any given page
- the website you were on prior to landing on our website.
The cookie holds information on your browsing preferences and is used to improve our website for you. Should you wish to prevent cookies being stored on your computer you can do this by setting your browser’s preferences accordingly.
Should you register with us in order to purchase items from our online shop, you will also provide us with the following information:
- your name
- Your address and telephone number
- your email address
- your Girlguiding membership number (if applicable)
- your role within Girlguiding (if applicable)
- the name of your Guiding county and unit (if applicable)
- your credit/debit card details
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of all personal information we hold for you. All such requests should be sent to:
30 Station Road
An appropriate fee will be payable on the disclosure of this information. Should any of the data be incorrect or incomplete, a written statement should be sent to the same address where we will endeavor to amend the data promptly.